1. World's 3rd largest market with huge number of medical facilities
Japan is the world's 3rd largest medical market with high stability. In addition, ever increasing rate of aged population drives the medical needs and results in expansion and construction of new hospitals and nursing homes.
2. Huge Amount of Imported Medical Devices = JPY 1,424 Billion (USD 13.6 Billion)
The Japanese medical device market relies heavily on imported products.
The annual sales amount of medical devices in Japan was JPY 2,748 billion
(USD 26.2 billion) (2015), 51% of which were imported products.
Imported products account for:
51% = JPY 1,424 billion
(USD 13.6 billion)
(Exchange rate: as of March 2018)
3. Japan’s national strategy to nurture the medical industry
The Japanese Government selects the medical industry as a priority sector and to nurture it, is pushing overall reform. Easing of regulations and launches of new projects are activating the Japanese medical industry.
4. The hub of the Japanese medical market = Kansai (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe…)
MEDICAL JAPAN is the best gateway to the Kansai Region (West Japan), where many important medical institutions / projects are based.
1) Certified as the "Special Governmental Project Zone".
2) Many research facilities, medical institutions and pharmaceutical facilities are concentrated.
3) Many national institutions are established in Kansai.
The numbers of exhibitors/countries (including co-exhibitors) and visitors (including concurrent shows) on this website are forecasts. These numbers may differ from the actual numbers at the show.